Some small groups take a break in the summer, others make sure they are on mission, still more groups use the summer to build deeper relationships with one another and those who don’t yet have a friendship with Jesus. No matter what your group is up to this summer you may want some ideas, things a group can do together and invite not yet followers of Jesus to join you in. Below are some options for your group during these sunny summer days and nights.
- White water rafting
- Homemade Ice Cream competition (ask the small group pastor to come be the judge). Each household in the small group makes a gallon of ice cream. Invite the neighbors over to eat what has been prepared.
- Cornhole tournament (perfect competition for men and women together)
- Spend a day at a theme park
- Go to a drive-in movie together. Take lawn chairs, snacks, and coolers. Sit in front of your parked cars and enjoy a very fun evening together.
- Get the church’s data projector and show a movie outside on someone’s white garage door. Invite the neighbors.
Rainy Day Ideas:
On a rainy day spontaneously call up group members and…
- invite group members to your place to watch a movie. Pop popcorn, have drinks, etc…
- host a game day at the house (play cards or board games but don’t drag the Bible Trivia game out)
- play Nintendo Wiii games (this is a grand slam home run every time)
- play laser tag together (I promise, adults will love this too)
Ask someone to be the photographer for the group this summer. Invite those who are not part of the group but who joined you in some of these summer experiences to the first meeting in the Fall. Ask the photographer to prepare a media presentation for the group to see. This is a great way to make the group feel more like a “family,” for pre-Christians to experience group life, and a fantastic way to remember the thrill of doing life together.
What ideas would you add to this list?